Monday, March 9, 2015

My First Korean Traditional Tea Culture (다례)


Have you ever try Korean Traditional Tea Culture?Well, it was Aweeesssooommeeee!!!!! You should try it.


Based on Wikipedia, the tea ceremony is a ceremony from thousand years ago. The first Historical evidence said it was kind of an offering to ancestral god in the year 661. This culture refine in Jeoseon dynasty and survive until now. The ceremony itself use ceramic pot for brewing the tea. In addition, they use different kind of tea for different kind of season and ceremony. The rule also written and that is the one that make it interesting.

My first experience on ceremony was when I took Korean Language class in UNIST. Our teacher invited us to try this tradition by inviting an organization to serve us. Even though I forgot almost every part of the ceremony (sorry my memory is bad), but I still remember how cool it was. Firstly, the lady in front of me prepared the tea from hot water and the leaf. And then, they mix it together and then give it to the guest. The interesting part is the kind of way to receive or give the tea to the guest. Last time, we used green tea for this ceremony. Even though I am not a big fan of tea and the tea was hot and bitter, however somehow it makes my soul calmer and better. They also serve sweets which taste really nice (since I am a big fan of sweet). I still remember everyone from the class took all the rice cake back to their home and share it with their housemate.

No comments:

Post a Comment